Highlights of France and Barcelona with Madrid Extension
One of our most popular France and Spain trips, this jam-packed journey from Paris to Barcelona is a feast for every sense, from lunch with locals and elegant chteaux in the Loire Valley, to the buzz of Avignon’s Place de l’Horloge and the irresistible French Riviera.
- 1 Welcome Reception (WR)
- 8 Breakfast (B)
- 4 Dinner (D)
- Villandry: Return to 17th-century France and join the de Montferrier family on their farm near the famous Chteau de Villandry for a traditional three-course Tourangelle Be My Guest dinner paired with local wines.
- Figueres: Visit the Dalí Theater-Museum, considered Salvador Dalí's last great work offering visitors real insight into his captivating world.
- Paris: Explore the iconic sights and streets of Paris on an orientation drive this evening.
- Paris: Join a Local Specialist to discover the hidden squares and secret lanes of Paris.
- Chateau Chenonceau: Visit Chteau de Chenonceau or commonly known as 'Ladies Castle' which got its name from the many women who influenced its construction.
- Chartres: Bask in the beautiful religious architecture from the 13th century as you explore the town of Chartres.
- Lyon: Join a Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour through Lyon's historic center. Ascend Fourvière hill for panoramic views of of the city below.
- Avignon: View the Pont d'Avignon and walk the medieval narrow streets of the Old Town to the Palais des Papes.
- Nice: Enjoy exploring the beautiful coastal city of Nice on the French Riviera.
- Monaco City: See the cathedral where Prince Rainier and Princess Grace were married.
- Carcassonne: Explore the fortified city of Carcassonne with a Local Specialist.
- Barcelona: With your Local Specialist, see Las Ramblas and the elegant Passeig de Grcia to take in some of the city's finest Modernist architecture. Journey past the beautiful façades of the Eixample district to see Gaudi's extraordinary masterpiece, the mesmerizing Sagrada Família.
- : Explore Paris, Lyon, Carcassonne and Barcelona with a Local Specialist
- : Discover Avignon, Nice, Monaco and Arles
- : Visit Saint-Sulpice Church in Paris, Chteau de Chenonceau in the Loire Valley and the Dalí Theater and Museum in Figueres
- : View Notre Dame Cathedral and the Eiffel Tower in Paris, Chartres Cathedral, Chteau de Chambord, the Popes' Palace of Avignon, the Promenade des Anglais and Place Masséna in Nice, Monaco's Royal Palace and Cathedral, the Roman Amphitheater of Arles and the La Sagrada Família and Columbus Monument in Barcelona
- : Scenic Drive through the Loire Valley
- : An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- : Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- : All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- : All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- : Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- : Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- : Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- : Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- : Optional Experiences and free time
- : High-speed train from Barcelona to Madrid
- : On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilized.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
- High-speed train from Barcelona to Madrid
- On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilized.
Imagine unmissable experiences you've always dreamed of, getting to know the locals and having everything taken care of every step of the way.
Here's what you'll experience:
Must-sees to local secrets
Visiting bucket list sites are a highlight of traveling, however, traveling on your own can make them hard work. Don't queue with other sightseers for hours, with Trafalgar our experts unlock doors - think exclusive access to the Vatican out of hours or a...
|1||Welcome to Paris|
|2||Explore the Sights of Paris|
|3||Chartres and Chteaux in the Loire Valley Connect with Locals|
|4||Onwards to Renaissance Lyon|
|5||Journey to Papal Avignon and on to the French Riviera Dive Into Culture|
|6||Enjoy a Day in Monaco|
|7||Off to Colourful Arles and Carcassonne|
|8||Pass the Pyrenees to Barcelona Dive Into Culture|
|9||Discover Lively Barcelona|