Georgia Real Food Adventure
Taste all the punchy flavours of incredibly diverse Georgia on an eight-day food adventure. Begin the journey among the charming facades of Tbilisi, where the snow-dusted peaks of the Caucasus are the backdrop for a culinary adventure. Get hands-on with cooking classes and kick back on included tastings, mingling with the locals and gaining an insight into Georgian culture along the way. Explore underrated sites like Narikala Fortress, Mtskheta (one of Georgia's oldest cities) and the Ananuri Fortress Complex (which has to be witnessed firsthand to be believed). Spend the night with descendants of the original highland Chechens in Pankisi Valley and wander the lush grounds in the dense foothills of the mountains. On this foodie adventure, you’ll enjoy the region’s most iconic and celebrated dishes, and wash it all down with a delicious array of Georgia’s famous local wines.
- Tbilisi - Welcome Dinner
- Tbilisi - Old Town Walking Tour with Local Guide
- Kvareli - Barbecue lunch with a local family
- Kvareli - Traditional Churchkhela demonstration
- Kakheti - Gremi Architectural Complex
- Kvareli - Qvevri Wine Master visit
- Telavi - Cheesemaker visit
- Pankisi Valley - Chechen cooking class
- Telavi - Local market visit
- Pankisi Valley - Kist villages and culture walking tour
- Ananuri - Architectural Complex
- Stepantsminda - Gergeti Trinity Church Hike
- Stepantsminda - Khinkali home-cooking class
- Mtskheta - Jvari Church & Svetitskhoveli Cathedral
- Tbilisi - Farewell Dinner
- Spend the night in a women-run guesthouse in the Pankisi Valley, surrounded by lush, green mountains, and take part in a zhizhig galnish cooking class to learn the local cuisine.
- Enjoy cooking demonstrations and masterclasses by local cooks and artisans, including learning how to make churchkhela (traditional candle-shaped candy) and khinkali (Georgian dumplings).
- Meet local producers at the Telavi markets, then head to a local farm and cheese maker for a tour of the factory and a delicious, included tasting.
- Take a hike in the striking Caucasus mountains to perhaps one of the best positioned churches in Europe – Gergeti Trinity Church.
- Taste some of Georgia’s favourite cuisines and dishes with included lunches and dinners, including khachapuri, khinkali, churchkhela and qveri wines.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Mtskheta-Mtianeti Regional Hub. Donations help them improve their services and training hub to connect people, who’ve fled their homes due to war or political instability, with their new community in Georgia.
- Culinary and Cooking
As a responsible business, we've always been committed to being there for our travelers and the communities we visit. So, you can trust that when you travel with us, we won't just be there for you ...