Best of Switzerland
All the Best of Switzerland with a side visit to Italy. What could be better? Your travels will take you to Lake Geneva for local wine, cheese and delicious desserts in Lavaux, Lord Byron’s enchanting Chillon Castle and the pretty town of Brienz for a masterclass in Swiss wood carving.
- 3 Dinner (D)
- 8 Breakfast (B)
- 1 Lunch (L)
- Bourg-en-Lavaux: Enjoy Swiss hospitality and the flavors of local wines, cheeses and breads with the owner of a local vineyard overlooking Lake Geneva.
- Brienz: Learn about Switzerland's wood-carving heritage at the Jobin wood sculpture museum in Brienz.
- Zürich: During an orientation, your Travel Director will show you some of the highlights of this beautiful lakeside city.
- Bern: Explore Switzerland's capital and see the Cathedral of St. Vincent, clock tower and Ogre Fountain.
- Chillon Castle: The beautiful fortress of Chillon Castle, set on a rocky islet on Lake Geneva, is widely regarded as one of the best-preserved medieval castles in Europe. Following his walk through the dungeons in 1816, Lord Byron wrote the poem 'The Prisoner of Chillon'. Look out for his name, which he carved into a pillar.
- Bernina Express: Board the famous Bernina Express train and travel through stunning landscapes en route to St. Moritz.
- Lucerne: During an orientation with your Travel Director, see the Lion Monument, Old Town Hall and Chapel Bridge, the oldest wooden covered bridge in Europe.
- Zürich: Join Diana and her team of socially-engaged local guides, for a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Experience to uncover the old town of Zürich during a fun and educational walking tour. Learn about medieval history and current topics of social solidarity while tasting ethical chocolate. This tour directly supports local and women-led businesses in Zürich as well as reduces inequalities within the country by supporting a local non-profit organization - Essen für Alle (Food for All). Essen Für Alle organizes food distributions in Zürich for people in need, including locals who live below the poverty line as well as immigrants and refugees. This experience addresses SDG goals 10 & 12 - Reduced Inequalities & Responsible Consumption and Production.
- : Discover Zürich and Lucerne
- : Visit Bern, Chillon Castle, Montreux, Zermatt, St. Moritz, Interlaken and Brienz
- : View the Chapel Bridge and Lion Monument in Lucerne, the Jungfrau and Matterhorn mountains (weather permitting), Lake Maggiore and Lake Como
- : Scenic Train Ride from Tirano to Pontresina
- : An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- : Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- : All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- : All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- : Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- : Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- : Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- : Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- : Train from Tirano to Pontresina
- : Optional Experiences and free time
- : On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilized.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Train from Tirano to Pontresina
- Optional Experiences and free time
- On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilized.
Imagine unmissable experiences you've always dreamed of, getting to know the locals and having everything taken care of every step of the way.
Here's what you'll experience:
Must-sees to local secrets
Visiting bucket list sites are a highlight of traveling, however, traveling on your own can make them hard work. Don't queue with other sightseers for hours, with Trafalgar our experts unlock doors - think exclusive access to the Vatican out of hours or a...
|1||Welcome to Zürich|
|2||Journey to Lake Geneva Make Travel Matter|
|3||Onwards to Chillon Castle and Zermatt Connect with Locals|
|4||Zermatt Your Way|
|5||Venture to the Italian Lake Maggiore|
|6||Off to Alpine St. Moritz|
|7||Journey to Lakeside Lucerne|
|8||Admire Scenic Brienz and Interlaken Dive Into Culture|