Highlights of Turkey
Travel along the age-old trading routes that linked East and West revealing all the Highlights of Turkey. Do some haggling of your own in Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar, fall asleep amidst the fairy-tale landscapes of Cappadocia and walk in the footsteps of the ancient Greeks in Ephesus.
- 1 Welcome Reception (WR)
- 9 Breakfast (B)
- 5 Dinner (D)
- 1 Be My Guest (BMG)
- 1 Farewell Dinner (FD)
- Izmir: Meet the most liberated women in Turkey in the village of Demircidere, where you’ll learn how to bake traditional bread and taste the local wine at our Be My Guest lunch.
- Istanbul: Haggle for souvenirs at Istanbul's Grand Bazaar one of the largest covered markets in the world with 60 streets and over 5,000 shops.
- Avanos: Learn about the art of pottery making in Avanos.
- : Explore Istanbul with a Local Specialist
- : Visit the Topkapi Palace, Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Byzantine Hippodrome and Grand Bazaar in Istanbul, Anzac Cove and the poignant War Cemeteries at Gallipoli, the Asclepion Medical Centre at Pergamon, the ancient city of Ephesus, the Virgin Mary's House at Ephesus, the Cotton Castle springs at Pamukkale, the ruins of the Roman health spa at Hierapolis, the Göreme Open-Air Museum and the underground city of Saratli
- : View the Wooden Horse at Troy
- Cappadocia: Located alongside the ancient Ortahisar rock castle, many of the rooms at Dilek Kaya Hotel are hewn out of the surrounding rock.
- : An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- : Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- : All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- : All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- : Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- : Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- : Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- : Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- : Ferry across the Dardanelles from Eceabat to Canakkale
- : Flight from Cappadocia to Istanbul
- : Optional Experiences and free time
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Ferry across the Dardanelles from Eceabat to Canakkale
- Flight from Cappadocia to Istanbul
- Optional Experiences and free time
Dream holidays without the stress of the 'what ifs', is what we do. We design our tours so you can experience the world differently. You'll get the personal service, attention to detail and ease you're looking for, while enjoying the unmissable experiences you've always dreamed of. Discover why Trafalgar tours have been trusted by 5 million guests and are proud to deliver the very best tours that you'll cherish for ye ...
|1||Welcome to Istanbul|
|2||Discover Colourful Istanbul Dive Into Culture|
|3||Journey to Gallipoli and Çanakkale|
|4||Off to Troy, Pergamon and Izmir Connect with Locals|
|5||Admire the Ruins of Ephesus and on to Pamukkale|
|6||Onwards to Hierapolis and Konya|
|7||Continue to Cappadocia Dive Into Culture Stays With Stories|
|8||A Day to Explore Spectacular Göreme|
|9||Return to Istanbul|