Get set for one of our most glorious Italy trips, from the well-heeled streets of Milan to what was once the ‘Eternal City’ of Rome. Base yourself on beautiful Lake Como for a few days of stunning scenery before the colourful Amalfi coast with its pretty cliffside villages and sun-kissed seaside vibe truly capture your heart.
- 1 Welcome Reception (WR)
- 12 Breakfast (B)
- 1 Regional Dinner (RD)
- 1 Be My Guest (BMG)
- 1 Dinner (D)
- 1 Farewell Dinner (FD)
- Florence: The Pazzi and de Medici feud is brought to light in this visit to the 12th-century Castle of Trebbio where you will enjoy a traditional Tuscan Be My Guest buffet, explore the cellars, and indulge in olive oil and wine tasting.
- Milan: Explore Italy's renowned fashion capital with your Local Specialist. See the magnificent facade of Milan Cathedral, La Scala Theatre and the glass-vaulted shopping arcade of Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, lined with luxury boutiques.
- Verona: During an exploration of Verona, see Juliet's balcony in the courtyard of a Renaissance villa.
- Florence: Join a Local Specialist to view the multi-coloured marble cathedral, bell tower and baptistery, adorned by Ghiberti's Gates of Paradise. Visit the political heart of the city, Signoria Square.
- Florence: See the area around Santa Croce Basilica, famous for the quality of its luxury goods, and witness a gold and leatherwork demonstration.
- Positano: Drive along the Amalfi Coast to visit this seaside town. See the pastel rainbow of colourful houses precariously stacked upon one another as if cascading from the hilltop to the water.
- Pompeii: Walk with a Local Specialist through the cobbled streets of this ill-fated town, frozen in time since the 1st century.
- Monte Cassino: View the abbey on Monte Cassino, founded by Saint Benedict in 529.
- Vatican: Visit Vatican City and tour St. Peter's Basilica with a Local Specialist. Witness the early genius of Michelangelo as you take in the Piet.
- Rome: Visit the Colosseum, still echoing with the thronging crowds and ghostly cries of gladiatorial combat.
- Rome: Experience Rome through the eyes of a local, as a passionate Roman guides you past the city's most iconic sites.
- Venice: Learn about the history and ancient skill of Venetian glassblowing, playing your role in ensuring the survival of this traditional craft through your visit.
- : Explore Milan, Florence, Pompeii and Rome with a Local Specialist
- : Discover Venice
- : Visit Amalfi Town, St. Peter's Basilica and the Colosseum in Rome and a glassblowing factory in Venice
- : View the Cathedral and La Scala Opera House in Milan, Lake Como, the Roman Arena and Juliet's Balcony in Verona, St. Mark's Basilica in Venice, the Duomo in Florence and the ancient sites of Rome
- : See the Abbey at Cassino
- : Scenic Cruise by private launch to St. Mark's Square in Venice
- Como: An institution on the shores of Lake Como and offering the most beautiful lake views, the Barchetta has been welcoming the well-heeled with its Italian hospitality and favourite local dishes since the late 19th century.
- : An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- : Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- : All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- : All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- : Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- : Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- : Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- : Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- : Optional Experiences and free time
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
Dream holidays without the stress of the 'what ifs', is what we do. We design our tours so you can experience the world differently. You'll get the personal service, attention to detail and ease you're looking for, while enjoying the unmissable experiences you've always dreamed of. Discover why Trafalgar tours have been trusted by 5 million guests and are proud to deliver the very best tours that you'll cherish for ye ...
|1||Journey from Milan to Como Stays With Stories|
|2||Discover Fashionable Milan|
|3||Venture to Verona and Venice|
|4||Explore the Floating City Make Travel Matter|
|5||Onwards to Florence|
|6||Ponte Vecchio and More in Florence Make Travel Matter Connect with Locals|
|7||Off to the Sunny Amalfi Coast|
|8||Uncover the Treasures of Amalfi|
|9||Amalfi Coast Your Way|
|10||The Ruins of Pompeii and on to Rome|
|11||Experience Ancient Rome and the Vatican City|
|12||Rome Your Way|