Best of France
Expect only the best on one of our favourite France trips, beginning and ending in Paris. Spend the night as a French lord or lady in an elegant Loire Valley chteau, be inspired like Cezanne was, by the beauty of Provence and visit the playground of Monaco.
- 6 Dinner (D)
- 12 Breakfast (B)
- 1 Lunch (L)
- Villandry: Return to 17th-century France and join the de Montferrier family on their farm near the famous Chteau de Villandry for a delightful Be My Guest lunch.
- Beaune: Vist the Hopsices de Beaune and learn about its captivating past as well as admiring its flamboyant Gothic architecture.
- Avignon: View the Pont d'Avignon and walk the medieval narrow streets of the Old Town to the Palais des Papes.
- Monaco City: See the cathedral where Prince Rainier and Princess Grace were married.
- Arles: Hear more about the city that is famed for being the inspiration behind the Van Gogh paintings during a city orientation.
- Lourdes: Explore Lourdes, globally renowned as a Roman Catholic pilgrimage site and attracting over three million faithful visitors every year.
- Saint-Émilion: Take in the vine-laden surroundings and established wine-making heritage of Saint-Émilion.
- Mont-Saint-Michel: Savour your first sight of the fortified island of Mont Saint-Michel and cross the causeway to explore the tidal island town.
- Omaha Beach: Join an emotive journey tracing the story of the D-Day landings and visit Omaha Beach.
- Giverny: View the gardens that inspired many of Impressionist Claude Monet’s most famous masterpieces.
- Paris: Join a Local Specialist to discover the hidden squares and secret lanes of Paris.
- Villandry: Visit Chteau Villandry in the Loire Valley and admire the exquisite Renaissance gardens that surround this elegant estate.
- : Explore Carcassonne and Paris with a Local Specialist
- : Discover Lyon, Avignon, Monaco, Nice, Arles, Lourdes and Bordeaux
- : Visit the Hospices de Beaune, Chteau de Villandry, the American Cemetery at Omaha Beach, Claude Monet's home at Giverny and the Saint-Sulpice Church in Paris
- : View the Papal Palace in Avignon, the Royal Palace and Cathedral in Monaco, Promenade des Anglais and Place Massena in Nice, the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Lourdes, Esplanade des Quinconces in Bordeaux, the Abbey of Mont-Saint-Michel, the D-Day Beach of Omaha in Normandy and the Eiffel Tower in Paris
- : See the Roman Amphitheatre and the Cathedral in Arles
- : Scenic Drive through the Dordogne and the Loire Valley
- Loire Valley: Step back in time with a stay in the regal 16th and 17th-century Chateu de Beauvois.
- : An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- : Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- : All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- : All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- : Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- : Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- : Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- : Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- : Optional Experiences and free time
- : On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilised.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
- On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilised.
Imagine unmissable experiences you've always dreamed of, getting to know the locals and having everything taken care of every step of the way.
Here's what you'll experience:
Must-sees to local secrets
Visiting bucket list sites are a highlight of traveling, however, traveling on your own can make them hard work. Don't queue with other sightseers for hours, with Trafalgar our experts unlock doors - think exclusive access to the Vatican out of hours or a...
|2||Journey through Burgundy to Lyon|
|3||Onwards to Avignon, Monaco and the French Riviera|
|4||The French Riviera Your Way|
|5||Admire Arles and Continue to Carcassonne|
|6||Pilgrimage to Lourdes and on to Biarritz|
|7||Venture to Bordeaux|
|8||Discover Scenic Dordogne|
|9||Explore a Chteau in the Loire Valley Connect with Locals Dive Into Culture Stays With Stories|
|10||Off to Mont-Saint-Michel and the Normandy Beaches|
|11||Journey to Paris|
|12||Discover the Delights of Paris|