Splendours of Japan with Hiroshima - Celebrate Takayama Festival
Celebrate the changing seasons as the jangle of bells and boom-boom-bang of drums accompany a captivating parade of festival floats on the streets of hillside Takayama.
- 1 Welcome Reception (WR)
- 12 Breakfast (B)
- 3 Lunch (L)
- 3 Dinner (D)
- 1 Be My Guest (BMG)
- 2 Farewell Dinner (FD)
- 1 Regional Dinner (RD)
- Kyoto: Enjoy a kaiseki lunch at a traditional Japanese ryokan home near Kyoto where you will learn about local customs.
- Takayama: Join the locals at the Takayama Festival.
- Gokayama: Learn how local artisans make Japanese washi paper in the UNESCO village of Gokayama.
- Hiroshima: Sample the famous Hiroshima style okonomiyaki.
- Tokyo: Visit Tokyo's oldest temple site; Sensoji Buddhist Temple and admire its colourful interior. Journey on to the Tokyo Skytree and bask in the panoramic views of the city.
- Imperial Palace: Admire the two bridges that form the entrance to the inner grounds of the Imperial Palace Plaza. Then take some time to bask in the beauty of the Imperial Palace East Gardens.
- Tokyo: Delve into the rich Edo era history and culture of Tokyo when you visit the Edo-Tokyo Museum.
- Mt Fuji: Start your day by visiting the small rural village of Oshino Hakkai which is home to eight natural spring water ponds. Next on your travels is a 2,300-meter winding road to Mt. Fuji 5th Station. To end your day, you will ride up to Mt. Tenjo by ropeway and bask in the breath-taking views.
- Takayama: Jump into the festive atmosphere as you explore all the wonders that the Takayama Festival has to offer.
- Gokayama: Take some time to admire the peaceful mountain village of Gokayama. Discover their unique homes that have been built without the use of nails and their sloped thatched roofs.
- Kanazawa: Enjoy a stroll through Omicho market before making your way to the beautiful Gardens of Kenrokuen which have been shaped over the past one hundred years.
- Kanazawa: Learn about the delicacy of the 16th century craft Gold Leaf Painting with your Local Specialist.
- Kyoto: Hop aboard the Express Train as you make your way to Kyoto.
- Kyoto: Admire the beautiful golden pavilion of Kinkakuji Temple.
- Kyoto: Embark on a journey to the orange gates of the Fushimi Inari Shrine. Admire the sacred site and its beautiful scenery before visiting Sanjeusangen-do-Hall where you can discover the 1,001 "thousand-handed" goddesses of mercy statues.
- Kyoto: Embark on a walking tour of Gion and admire all of its wonderful sights.
- Kyoto: Admire the stunning scenery as you visit the Water Temple and it's Buddhist Temple beneath the waters.
- Kotohira: Bask in the breath-taking views as we visit Kotohiragu Shrine.
- Zentsuji: Spend the morning visiting the birthplace of the high priest Kobo Daishi at the Zentsuji Temple.
- Hiroshima: Admire the islands of the Seto Inland Sea as you make your way across the Shimanami Kaido Expressway.
- Hiroshima: Spend some time admiring the majestic Itsukushima Shrine.
- Hiroshima: Discover the rich history of the Peace Memorial and Park when you visit Hiroshima.
- Osaka: Hop aboard the bullet train to Osaka before visiting the sixteenth century Osaka Castle.
- Gokayama: Help support a local business with a visit to a washi paper workshop. You'll watch the family at work, and test your paper-making skills for yourself.
- : Explore Tokyo, Kyoto and Hiroshima
- : Visit the Sensoji Temple, the Skytree Observation Tower, the Edo Tokyo Museum in Tokyo, Mt. Fuji 5th Station, the Kinkakuji Temple, Fushimi Inari Shrine and Sanjusangen-do Hall in Kyoto, the Water Temple on Awaji Island, Zentsuji Temple, the Itsukushima Shrine on Miyajima Island, the Peace Memorial Park and Museum in Hiroshima and Osaka Castle
- : View Mt. Fuji
- : See the traditional Gassho-zukuri houses in Gokayama, the beautiful gardens of Kenrokuen in Kanazawa
- Kyoto: Enjoy genuine Japanese hospitality at a traditional ryokan in the mountain hot springs village of Kotohira.
- : An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- : Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- : All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- : All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- : Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- : Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- : Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- : Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- : Optional Experiences and free time
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
Dream holidays without the stress of the 'what ifs', is what we do. We design our tours so you can experience the world differently. You'll get the personal service, attention to detail and ease you're looking for, while enjoying the unmissable experiences you've always dreamed of. Discover why Trafalgar tours have been trusted by 5 million guests and are proud to deliver the very best tours that you'll cherish for ye ...
|2||Explore Vibrant Tokyo|
|3||Off to the Five Lakes District|
|4||Majestic Mt. Fuji and Timeless Takayama|
|5||Join the locals at the Takayama Festival|
|6||Experience Gokayama and On To Kanazawa|
|7||Onwards to Kyoto Connect with Locals|
|8||Discover Enchanting Kyoto|
|9||Cross the Seto Island Sea to Awaji Island Stays With Stories|
|10||Spiritual Kotohira and Onwards to Hiroshima|
|11||Set Sail for Miyajima Island Dive Into Culture|
|12||High Speed Bullet Train to Osaka|