In the Footsteps of the Incas with Peruvian Amazon
Travel deep into the million-year-old Amazon rainforest on this Peru tour, uncovering its secrets through the eyes of local guides. Travel to the Andes’ cloud forests and the birthplace of the sun at Lake Titicaca, as you gain an understanding of Incan culture, mingling with weavers, corn farmers, and expert photographers.
- Explore Lima and Cusco with a Local Specialist
- Visit the outdoor market at Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Machu Picchu, Sacsayhuaman ruins and the Uros Islands
- Scenic Cruise on the Lake Titicaca
- Scenic Drive through the Sacred Valley
- Scenic Train Ride to Machu Picchu aboard the Vistadome train
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Visit our organic bio-orchard to discover many of the rainforest’s tropical plants up-close, with a chance to learn about their many intriguing medicinal uses by indigenous communities.
- Connect with Locals Explore our 30 hectare Palmetum, a collection of 19 Amazonian palms in a plot reserved for rainforest restoration and conservation.
- Dive into Culture We'll Dive into Culture and meet a Quechua Shaman who will perform a ceremony welcoming you to Peru.
- Stays with Stories Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness is built along the Vilcanota riverbank, on the lands of an old 17th-century colonial hacienda.
- Connect with Locals Connect with Locals over a Be My Guest experience lunch, learn about the culture surrounding the production of Giant White Corn. Our hosts will demonstrate the differences between traditional farming techniques and the newer technologies used today.
- Connect with Locals Learn how to prepare an authentic Ceviche and pour the perfect Pisco sour.
- Dive into Culture Visit a local chicheria for some traditional chicha tasting.
- Connect with Locals We cruise the deep blue waters of Lake Titicaca with a Local Specialist, discovering its floating islands constructed from reeds by the Uros Indians
- Dive into Culture Arrive at Taquile Island, where we'll embark on a private tour to gain insights into the tradition of Textile Art for which the local villagers-men and women-are renowned. Learn more about the culture of the people living on the island and enjoy a traditional lunch.
- Dive into Culture Guided visit to the Larco Museum, which houses the largest private collection of pre-Columbian art in the world.
- 14 Breakfasts
- 6 Lunches
- 5 Dinners
- 1 Be My Guest
- 1 Regional Dinner
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Tickets for a ride aboard the Vistadome train to Machu Picchu
- A Trafalgar bonus all Intra-Air Flights: Lima to Cusco, Cusco to Juliaca and Juliaca to Lima, including porter service at all airports.
- Optional Experiences and free time
Dream holidays without the stress of the 'what ifs', is what we do. We design our tours so you can experience the world differently. You'll get the personal service, attention to detail and ease you're looking for, while enjoying the unmissable experiences you've always dreamed of. Discover why Trafalgar tours have been trusted by 5 million guests and are proud to deliver the very best tours that you'll cherish for ye ...
|2||Traverse the Inkaterra Forest|
|3||Step Into the Mystical Amazon|
|4||Encounter the Biodiversity of the Amazon|
|6||Lima – Cusco – Sacred Valley (2 Nights)|
|8||Sacred Valley – Machu Picchu|
|9||Machu Picchu – Cusco|
|11||Cusco – Juliaca – Puno|
|12||Lake Titicaca Excursion|
|13||Puno – Juliaca – Lima|