Arizona Discovery and the Grand Canyon end Flagstaff
The ultimate in Grand Canyon tours, discover Arizona and its heritage, ancient culture and stunning landscapes, tracing the centuries of Native American history and the outlines of Red Rock Country in a high-comfort Mercedes-Benz® sprinter vehicle. Traveling with maximum 17 guests on this small-group tour including the best places to visit southern and northern Arizona, you’ll experience the best of the Old West when it’s cool and quiet, learn all about Arizona wine and picnic in the desert.
- Visit Scottsdale, Desert Botanical Garden, Papago Park, Sedona, Flagstaff, Jerome, Sunset Crater Volcano National Monument and Grand Canyon National Park
- Scenic Drive along Oak Creek Canyon Drive
- Hike in Sedona, Tuzigoot Pueblo, Sunset Crater Volcano National Monument on the Bonita Vista Trail and Lenox Crater Trail, Grand Canyon
- View Red Rock country, Verde River, Tavasci Marsh, the Grand Canyon from the Rim Trail, Yavapai Point and Desert View
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Welcome to Arizona and the Sonoran Desert! This morning visit the Desert Botanical Garden where you get the chance to see beautiful cactus and other desert plants in all their glory. Stroll along one of the trails inside the Garden and experience the unique and beautiful plants that thrive in some of the hottest and driest parts of the world. Learn how Sonoran Desert plants have been used by Native people for food, medicine and building materials through one of the largest exhibits of its kind dedicated to helping people understand the complex cultural relationships between people and plants in this part of Arizona. Our visit supports the Garden’s commitment to the community to advance excellence in education, research, exhibition and conservation of desert plants of the world with emphasis on the Sonoran Desert.
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Visit the urban laboratory where volunteer and residents have been treading lightly since the 1970s. Learn how the experimental town of Arcosanti has evolved into a model of living frugally and with a limited environmental footprint. Your host will share the four core values on which Arcosanti has been built. You’ll leave knowing your visit has contributed to spreading the story and legacy of sustainability which Arcosanti and its residents have been advocating for over five decades.
- Connect With Locals Javelina Leap Vineyards is located on the steep slopes of an extinct volcanic mountain in Page Springs. You’ll meet your warm host who’ll take you behind the scenes and share what it takes to make the excellent wines of this region. As you tour the vineyard on this Be My Guest experience, you’ll hear captivating stories about what it’s like to work at a small family-owned winery before settling down for a delicious locally sourced lunch.
- Stays With Stories Nestled amongst Sedona’s amazing Red Rock monoliths on the edge of town, this is the perfect place to experience unforgettable Sedona adventures right outside the hotel.
- Dive Into Culture This morning we will head to Red Rock State Park, a 286 acre nature preserve and environmental education center with stunning scenery. Trails throughout the park wind through manzanita and juniper to reach the rich banks of Oak Creek. Green meadows are framed by native vegetation and hills of red rock. The creek meanders through the park, creating a diverse riparian habitat abounding with plants and wildlife. Join a guided nature walk with a park naturalist and learn about the different life zones of Red Rock State Park. The subjects discussed on this walk may include geology, wildlife, history, archaeology, and plant life. Our groups will have their own naturalists and so any questions during the walk are welcome, which enhances the learning experience and gives our guest a really intimate introduction to Red Rock State Park.
- Connect With Locals Join Sedona locals Jim and Kathy for a guided sunset hike with an option to do guided meditation immersing yourself in your sacred spiritual surroundings much like the Native Americans have done in the area for many centuries.
- Dive Into Culture Discover the fascinating history and culture of the Sinagua and Verde Valley Pueblos which settled in the area over 1,400 years ago.
- Wupatki National Monument Visit the Wupatki National Monument - nestled between the Painted Desert and ponderosa highlands of northern Arizona, Wupatki is a landscape of legacies. Ancient pueblos dot red-rock outcroppings across miles of prairie.
- Walnut Canyon National Monument Make your way to Walnut Canyon National Monument. Among the remarkable geological formations of the canyon itself, the former homes of ancient inhabitants are easily evident. Along the trails you can imagine life within Walnut Canyon, while visiting actual pueblos and walking in the steps of those who came before.
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Discover the heritage of 11 tribes associated with this region, meeting artisans who’ll share their crafts and stories about their heritage and diverse culture. You’ll leave with a deep understanding of the fabric of these communities and their link to the land.
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 7 Breakfasts
- 1 Lunch
- 1 Be My Guest
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
Dream holidays without the stress of the 'what ifs', is what we do. We design our tours so you can experience the world differently. You'll get the personal service, attention to detail and ease you're looking for, while enjoying the unmissable experiences you've always dreamed of. Discover why Trafalgar tours have been trusted by 5 million guests and are proud to deliver the very best tours that you'll cherish for ye ...